Applying for a Companion Card
- Download the Cardholder Application form (Application form in PDF / Application form in an accessible Word document)
- Fill out the form:
- Complete Section 1 by filling out your personal details.
- Take the form to a Health Professional or Service Provider so they can fill out Section 2.
- Get two identical high-quality colour passport-sized photographs and attach them to Page 10 of the form with a paperclip.
- Return your completed form with photographs by emailing email@example.com or mailing the form to:
Companion Card Applications
Reply Paid 184
Northbridge WA 6865
- Please allow approximately 20 working days for processing (may increase during peak periods).
- Applications will be assessed against the four eligibility criteria. The people involved in your application may be contacted for additional information.
- If your application is successful, a Companion Card will be sent to you by post. If your application is not successful, you will receive a letter advising you of the outcome.
To be eligible for a Companion Card you must meet all the following four requirements:
- Be a permanent resident of Australia, residing in Western Australia;
- Demonstrate that you have a significant and permanent disability, which may include issues related to ageing and psychiatric illness;
- Demonstrate that, due to the impact of the disability, you would be unable to participate at most community activities without attendant care support; and
- Demonstrate that your need for this level of attendant care will be life-long.
You can also take the Companion Card self-assessment to find out if you might be eligible to apply. This is a guide only and we encourage you to contact us to discuss your individual circumstances.
Telephone: 1800 617 337