Cockburn City Soccer Club’s origin goes back to 1929 when they were known as Spearwood Rovers in 1966 they amalgamated with Britannia to become Cockburn United. This club split in the early 1960s to become two separate clubs Spearwood Dalmatinacs and Cockburn United. The two clubs enjoyed success in the period after with facilities close to each other at Dalmatinac Park and Beale Park. The clubs reunited in 1998 under the negotiations of Angelko Petkovich and John Mijacika and became Cockburn City Soccer Club. The facilities at both parks are still used by the club’s Junior and Senior teams.